Today was a clear and crisp Crystal Bed session. My mind was very focused, and all my thoughts were about other people in my life.
What I'd been thinking about was the image of me as a "broadcaster" of messages. I realized I needed to be a better "receiver" as well. We need to learn to receive as well as give.
If we are giving all we can, then clearly the Universe wants to give us all we need and want also. I felt like there were Universal Laws at work here, and we need to be open to both intellectual understanding of them and applying them in our daily lives.
What we understand as the Law of Karma has to do with both giving and receiving, so I thought I'd see what the Dalai Lama has to say about this topic. Below are his thoughts on how to receive Good Karma which I think are worth sharing.
20 Ways to Get Good Karma
By The Dalai Lama
- Take into account that great love and great achievements involve great risk.
- When you lose, don’t lose the lesson.
- Follow the three R’s:
- Respect for self,
- Respect for others and
- Responsibility for all your actions.
- Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.
- Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly.
- Don’t let a little dispute injure a great relationship.
- When you realize you’ve made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.
- Spend some time alone every day.
- Open your arms to change, but don’t let go of your values.
- Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.
- Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you’ll be able to enjoy it a second time.
- A loving atmosphere in your home is the foundation for your life.
- In disagreements with loved ones, deal only with the current situation. Don’t bring up the past.
- Share your knowledge. It is a way to achieve immortality.
- Be gentle with the earth.
- Once a year, go someplace you’ve never been before.
- Remember that the best relationship is one in which your love for each other exceeds your need for each other.
- Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.
- If you want others to be happy, practice compassion.
- If you want to be happy, practice compassion.