Monday, May 7, 2012

Crystal Bed Day 28 - Dreams Within Dreams


Today I went to the Crystal Bed late in the afternoon and fell into a deep state of relaxation where I was only partially conscious.  This was happening more often; I had vivid images that came to me like dreams I couldn't remember.


I wanted to be able to interpret the dream-like images because they seemed to contain powerful messages.  I couldn't decipher these messages because I didn't remember them.  This was getting frustrating.


Maybe today's message was simply that I needed to learn how to remember the images I was seeing, and then learn how to interpret their meanings.


My Crystal Bed Experience seemed to be opening up new channels of communication between my conscious and subconscious minds.  If I could learn to interpret these dream-like images I felt like I could really get some valuable information and make advances in my life situation.


Since dreams have been a popular subject in literature through the centuries, I decided to do some research and copy a few interesting quotes below.


Dream Quotes


The general function of dreams is to try to restore our psychological balance by producing dream material that re-establishes, in a subtle way, the total psychic equilibrium.


CARL JUNG, Man and His Symbols


All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream.


EDGAR ALLAN POE, A Dream Within a Dream


Dreams are the seedlings of reality.


NAPOLEON HILL, Think and Grow Rich


If I dream I have you, I have you,
For, all our joys are but fantastical.


JOHN DONNE, The Dream




Dreams are useful in learning more about the dreamer's feelings, thoughts, behavior, motives, and values. Many find that dreams can help them solve problems. Further, artists, writers, and scientists often get creative ideas from dreams.


By thinking about what each dream element means to you or reminds you of, by looking for parallels between these associations and what is happening in your waking life, and by being patient and persistent, you can learn to understand your dreams.


From the website of the International Association of the Study of Dreams  (http://www.asdreams.org)


AND HERE'S MY FAVORITE QUOTE OF ALL:



Row, row, row your boat,
Gently down the stream.
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily,
Life is but a dream

Let's Enjoy It!!

No comments:

Post a Comment