Sunday, April 22, 2012

Crystal Bed Day 15 - The Downside of Love


Today I went in after church and had a very deep and relaxing 45 minutes on the Crystal Bed.  This was a good amount of time for me today since I needed it.  I was starting to let my body tell me how much time I needed to be on the bed each day.

My thoughts today were mostly about relationships.  Since I'd just been around a group of people this is normal.  The church people all have good energy and are enjoyable to spend time with.  They are all interesting, and I decided I'd like to get to know some of them better.  I began to wonder where some of them were themselves with respect to their own relationships.

Everyone there is considered a "spiritual" person but they also have human needs which include companionship, affection, friendship, and so on.  So this made me think about our personal needs on all levels.  

This may seem like a simple question, but I started asking myself where other people fit into our spiritual growth.  How important are relationships to "falling in love with our time on earth?"

People who come into our lives all seem to have a reason for being there. They bring us enjoyment and help us grow.

It is nice to be open to meeting new people and making new friends.  It has been an important part of my personal growth.

It occurred to me while on the Crystal Bed that being in a committed romantic relationship has the downside of (possibly) cutting out other people from your life.  

If you are spending all of your time with one person, think of all the new people you might not meet  Think about the current friends you would not spend as much time with. 

Meaning you are less open to meeting new people.  Can you do both?  Yes, probably, but in different ways.  This is another topic that I will want to explore more in coming weeks.  

My time on the Crystal Bed was continuing to fill my head with interesting thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment